Tuesday, February 26, 2008

It's been awhile

since I made a post to my blog! I had planned to make updates from the Orlando trip each day that I was there but I was so tired each night that I didn't. The trip was so amazing. What a blessing it was to be a part of the trip. I saw God work in a mighty way and watched as he created new friendships between the women living in the shelter and strengthen friendships between me and my girlfriends! To my roomies, I love ya! This past Sunday part of the church service was dedicated to talking about the trip. I got tears in my eyes as the video played and my heart longed to go back. Sign me up for the next one!

It took awhile to recover from the trip! On Monday (our last day of the trip), we got to go to the Magic Kingdom for a little R&R. OH MY GOODNESS, by 4:00, I was pooped! My body was worn out. I was so looking forward to getting on the plane and heading home. Little did I know what was in store for me! When we got to the airport, our flight was delayed for 3 hours. We were suppose to leave at 9:00 p.m. and didn't leave until midnight. Once in the air, they were trying to make it home before this huge storm hit Dallas. Some don't know but I hate flying. Needless to say, we didn't beat the storm. Trying to land the first time was worse than any of the rides I had just ridden at Disney World. The plane felt like it was going to fall out of the sky. Our landing was called of due to wind shear and we had to try and land again, and then again. On the 3rd try, God must have just reached out his hand and held the plane because it was like we found the smoothest patches of air. The pilots did a fantastic job. So you think the adventure ends there, but no. Once safely on the ground, we got to spend about 1.5 hours sitting on the plane. In case you didn't know, if lightning is striking with in 5 miles of the airport, they don't open the jet ways and the ground crew doesn't come out. (all totally understandable). Anyway, I arrived safely at home at 4:30 A.M. After being awake for 21 hours, I just ran into my babies rooms and hugged them both. The sweetest thing was when Emma climbed out her bed and said "Suggie, you came back!" I love that baby! (and of course my big boy!)

So now we have resumed our normal routine. Luke has started soccer and t-ball. Brian is such an awesome dad. He is coaching both teams, taking 2 Graduate classes and working full time. My heart is so full when I watch him with those boys. He is so patient and kind and they just love him. If you are in the area come on over! Luke would love to have people watch him play. I have to say it is too cute! I am looking forward to our t-ball games. They don't start until the middle of March but I know those are going to be hilarious! Kindergarten round-up is April 15th-18th. I can't believe I will be registering him for Kindergarten. Brian told him that mommy was going to cry like a baby.

Emma is growing and growing. I can't believe my baby is going to be 3 years old in April. When we return from our trip to New York, she will start gymnastics. She needs it!! She is such a monkey. I some times get a little sad because my baby is all grown up. She is potty-trained (we are diaper free!) and she sleeps in a "big girl" bed. Baby toys have been replaced with baby dolls and Barbie dolls. I find it such an honor to be there mother. God has blessed me with sweet and wonderful children.

I will post a bunch of pictures from the trip and some of the kids.

No comments: