Saturday, July 19, 2008

Vacation - Round 2

Just when we were recovered from our trip to NYC, we headed off to the beach for 7 days! I know life is rough but when your kids get up every morning at 6:00 a.m. requesting sunscreen, it gets to be a little tiring.

We headed down to Surfside, TX for a fun-filled 7 days at the beach. My parents rented a beach house and it was AWESOME! The name of our beach house was the Nirvana. We just had to walk across a little bridge to the beach. It was perfect. The kids had the best time playing in the sand and ocean.

We did do a couple of other things besides being beach bums. One day we went to Galveston and played mini-golf and then enjoyed a fabulous lunch at Gaido's.

We spent another day playing golf. My dad, brother, Brian, Luke, Emma and I all hit the links at Freeport Muncipal Golfcourse. We had the best time. Luke did so well. I only played one hole but I did good. I impressed Luke, so that is all that matters.

In between outings to the beach we would go to Buc-ee's. It was the highlight of our afternoons! Luke was consistent getting his Deja Blue Water and Lucky Charms. Emma's snacks varied every trip and I discovered Oreo cakesters. Those are so yummy! Buc-ee's is pretty awesome. I will say that we were pretty excited to go again. Where else can you get Reef Flip Flops and fishing bait! You can guess which one I purchased!

On our last day at the beach we were able to spend some time with my Aunt Alix, my cousin Tim and his wife Tiffani. We realized we hadn't seem them since their wedding last May. We had the best time and the kids really enjoyed spending time with them.

We were so sad to come back home. This week it has been rough not being able to roll out of bed and look out the window and see the waves rolling in. Oh well.. there is always next year!

p.s. - I will be posting pictures from both vacations soon! There are just so many to choose from!

No comments: