Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Help! Where has the summer gone!

I can't believe how fast the summer has gone by! It seems just like yesterday we were planning our trip to NYC and our trip to Surfside. Now both of those trips have gone by and Luke starts school in 33 days (but who is counting).

In 16 weeks, I will be walking 60 miles for the Breast Cancer 3 Day. I can't believe it! It seems just like yesterday that the virtual trainer started sending me my weekly mileage schedule for the 24 week training plan!

I guess time flys when you are having fun! In addition to all our trips the kids have been busy doing VBS, gymnastics, Pump It Up Camp and Music Camp at the church next week. Next thing we know it will be August and then I will start back to work.

I had such plans for this summer. I haven't accomplished all of them but the most important thing was to make sweet memories with my boy before he started kindergarten. I knew that this was our last summer before the grind of school started and I wanted to make the most of it. I can definitely say I accomplished that. He is so sweet and precious.

I also have gotten some great time with Emma this week. Luke has been in camp, so she and I have done some fun girlie things this week. She has gotten to experience what life without Luke around all day will be like. She has missed her "brudder" a lot but really enjoyed getting her nails done today and having lunch with Grandma! What a treat! She was so cute!

Before I know it, I will be blogging about the end of Luke's first year of school. Time has sure gone by fast! That is the importance of living each day to the fullest. To be the best God has called us to be and to live the life he has so graciously given us to max. I am so thankful for the time God has given me this summer with all my family (my immediate family, my parents, my in-laws). I am sure it is cheesy but I can't help but think of the 10000 Maniacs song "These are Days". Brian has that in Luke's baby video and every time I watch it, I cry. I end with this:


These are the days These are days you’ll remember Never before and never since, I promise Will the whole world be warm as this And as you feel it, You’ll know it’s true That you are blessed and lucky It’s true that you Are touched by something That will grow and bloom in you These are days that you’ll remember When May is rushing over you With desire to be part of the miracles You see in every hour You’ll know it’s true That you are blessed and lucky It’s true that you are touched By something that will grow and bloom in you These are days These are the days you might fill With laughter until you break These days you might feel A shaft of light Make its way across your face And when you do Then you’ll know how it was meant to be See the signs and know their meaning It's true Then you’ll know how it was meant to be Hear the signs and know they’re speaking To you, to you

No comments: